Provation® SurgicalValet™ is designed to improve patient outcomes, decrease costs in the surgical arena, and provide health systems and clinicians everything they need in one modular cloud-based platform. Fully integrated within Cerner, SurgicalValet enables the Perioperative Surgical Home (PSH), improves perioperative processes, and drives:
- Patient Engagement
- Surgical Care Coordination
- Document Management
- Quality Capture and Reporting
- Revenue Optimization
- Readmission Prevention
- Patient Engagement – Gather initial health history from a patient and automatically generate personalized and easy-to-understand instructions, which can be shared via the patient portal.
- Risk Stratification – Built-in intelligence uses patient comorbidities, health history, age, BMI, and procedure risks to identify high-risk patients for advanced screening for medical clearance.
- Clinical Decision Support – Uses consensus and evidence-based standards, along with patient health history, conditions and procedure considerations, to generate personalized patient instructions, tests and consults to eliminate redundant and unnecessary testing.
- Medical Optimization – Track patient readiness activities, including tests, consults, preoperative instructions, and necessary documentation to optimally prepare patients for surgery and decrease the risk of day-of case cancellations and delays.
- Readmission Prevention – Leverages clinical decision checklists, alerts, and tracking tools to ensure the right patients are flagged and followed.
- COVID-19 & Case Volume Optimization Toolkit – Designed to help facilities triage and prioritize cases, simplify COVID-19 testing, automate tracking, and streamline preoperative screening. Download the SurgicalValet Toolkit here.
Compatible with Cerner Powerchart
Patient Engagement and Clinical Decision Checklists
Provation® SurgicalValet™ offers patients online intake, personalized and easy-to-understand instructions, and the ability to engage with their healthcare team through the Cerner patient portal or email. Clinical Decision Checklists identify high-risk cases for advanced screening, organize tasks to move a patient through the perioperative encounter, and help coordinate tests, consults, clinical documentation integrity, enhanced recovery pathways (ERAS), and readmission prevention.
Decrease the work and stress of organizing paper-based documentation required in the pre-surgical phase. SurgicalValet’s integrated document management tool helps facilitate preop information gathering by making it all electronic. Whether data is captured from HIEs, EHRs, or even paper faxes, the entire process becomes electronic and streamlined. All labs, H&Ps, and consults are captured and organized to promote patient readiness while eliminating delays and cancellations.
Patient Readiness Tracking
The SurgicalValet patient readiness tracking board is a home base for Pre-Admission RNs to identify and prioritize the most acute patients, monitor in-progress, complete, or outstanding requirements in real-time with automated updates and communication, and review recommendations and documentation pertinent to the surgical encounter. SurgicalValet pulls patient readiness information directly from the facility EHR, outside labs, clinic offices, faxes, and HIEs, eliminating the need for double documentation of common clinical elements.
SurgicalValet increases the speed and accuracy of documentation and coding, right at the point of care. The Surgical CDI™ solution gives providers guidance on creating documentation to ensure accurate coding and appropriate reimbursement. In addition to centralizing data and simplifying the document management process, SurgicalValet promotes compliance by adapting to changes throughout the year so you can focus on what matters most, your patients and their safety.
SurgicalValet leverages clinical decision checklists, alerts and tracking tools, including patient-reported outcomes, to ensure the right patients are flagged and followed. Parameters can be set to help you provide the best care possible while monitoring all patients relevant to your readmission prevention strategy. Postoperative phone calls are prioritized and tracked, while full transitional care management functionality allows you to schedule and meet all requirements to document and bill for your valuable services.