Interact (formerly Artifact) supports clinical documentation integrity by increasing query response rates and enabling proper reimbursement through more accurate coding and billing. Providing the first and only mobile platform, Interact’s cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant platform makes it easy for physicians to respond to queries any time, and from anywhere. Developed in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Medicine, Interact has streamlined the query response process for more than 80,000 physicians at over 200 hospitals, transforming a time-consuming, multi-step process into a painless workflow that allows physicians to respond to queries in seconds.
- The physician query is the primary tool hospitals use to clarify physician documentation for proper reimbursement and accurate quality reporting. However, providers often find the query process burdensome and time-consuming.
- Interact’s HIPAA-compliant, cloud-based, mobile query platform allows physicians to quickly and compliantly respond to a query with as few as three taps on their smartphone. The average physician spends 60 seconds responding to queries.
- Through our integration with Cerner, clinical documentation specialists and medical coders create queries by editing compliant templates and attaching selected documentation from Cerner, so providers have all the information they need to respond.
- Providers may review and respond to queries from Interact’s mobile app or website and from within Cerner. Once providers sign a query, Interact’s integration with Cerner ensures their responses become part of the patient’s legal medical record.
- By providing physicians with Interact’s faster and easier query process, Cerner hospitals can generate notable improvements in coding accuracy and publicly-reported quality measures.
Available in These Countries
- United States
Compatible with Cerner
Baystate Health implemented Interact’s (formerly Artifact) mobile platform and integrated the ACDIS physician query templates from HCPro prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, which have both proven crucial to maintaining CDI productivity and engagement with providers. Our CDI and coding teams have continued querying providers remotely, and our providers are responding, even during this challenging time, because the mobile technology is fast and easy.
Walter Houlihan, FAHIMA, Senior Director of Health Information Management and Clinical Documentation for Baystate Health
Make physicians lives easier
Give physicians a fast and convenient way to respond. With Interact, physicians can answer queries anytime, anywhere - between meetings, after work hours, and when off service.
Code accurately, the first time
Clarify physician documentation before cases are coded and billed. Optimize reimbursement and ensure publicly-reported quality scores are accurate.
Take control of your CDI program
Monitor query activity with real-time dashboard and reports. Target education to physicians, CDI specialists, and coders who need it.
Speed up coding
Reduce accounts on hold with faster query response times. Watch your DNFB days shrink with charges no longer held up for queries.
Strengthen and extend your CDI program
Streamline query workflow to boost CDI productivity. Eliminate manual query follow-up so CDI specialists can review more charts.