Announcing the Top 5 Finalists
Our judges deliberated long and hard over a strong field of applicants, emerging with their picks for the Top 5. These finalists will now be invited to attend the Cerner Health Conference and code Learning Lab (Oct. 7-9th) in Kansas City, where they can work directly with Cerner’s top engineers. After attending CHC, the teams will present a working demo of their app to a judging panel, who will select the ultimate winner. The winning individual or team will receive a one-year membership to the code program, with Cerner engineers helping guide the app through the validation process. If the app completes validation, it will be added to the code App Gallery.
- Baystate Health: The proposed app uses a consumer's personal device to receive, complete and transfer health questionnaires/forms electronically and securely between two parties (e.g. patient: provider, institution: health: consumer, patient: guardian).
- Cerner ITWorks at Adventist Health: The proposed app is a central hub for consumer’s health information powered by Cerner solutions and Social Determinants of Health data-driven by machine learning tools to augment clinical decision systems and predictions.
- Intelliaide: The proposed app is a voice-interactive mobile platform that helps caregivers and self-managing patients to track and share patient-generated health data in real-time with family and healthcare providers.
- Mindset Medical: The proposed app is mobile platform that triages a patient list based on a variety of back pain and spinal condition factors captured before, during and after their visits, ensuring a physicians’ schedule is filled with patients they can effectively treat.
- Optimize: The proposed app aggregates data from several Bluetooth and cellular-based remote patient monitoring devices, enabling coordination of equipment delivery to a patient's home and facilitating reimbursement under current procedural terminology codes.
With the 2019 code App Challenge, Cerner encouraged innovators to build apps on its industry-leading platforms that further transform health care. Proposed apps were focused on consumers’ ability to access, understand and use health information in the EHR.
Last Year’s Winner
Why Wearable Technology Might Be a Game-Changer for Improving Health Outcomes
Got questions? Listen to our Kick-off webinar to learn more about the challenge.
Jump right into the API documentation and start building your app in the Cerner sandbox.